Tuesday, March 20, 2012

2012 Families

When God gave us the vision of One Less over a year ago, we didn't really know any other actively adopting couples. We knew of, and have since talked to, several couples that have adoption on their hearts, but, at the time, knew of none that had quite reached the place where it was becoming a reality for them.

I remember Mitch and I talking about how weird it was that God had given us this clear vision to help other adopting families...and yet we knew none.  We even talked about who in the world we were going to give scholarship money to in 2012. Would we have to place an ad??.... "BENEFIT RACE SEEKING BENEFICIARY".

I had this big dream in the back of my head (that I pretty much kept to myself) that Boerne would have a global explosion at some point, and we, as a community, would get to witness families bringing children home from all over the world. But, it stayed in my head because honestly, it seemed a little unreachable.

How things have changed in just a few short months.......

Meet the Menn Family...
Shane, Stephanie, Cannon, Hartlee, and Sutherlin
In February I heard from a mutual friend that the Menn Family was just beginning the process of adopting a little one from Ethiopia and that they lived right here in Boerne!!
My first thought was a selfish one...."yippee!! My kid can have a friend that looks kind of like him! I mean, I know Uganda and Ethiopia are pretty different, but I'm pretty sure they are much more similar than Uganda and Boerne." I even began arranging play dates in my head. (I hadn't even met the Menns yet). Once I stopped thinking about myself, I got even more excited because I knew we could help them through One Less! I since have gotten to know Stephanie a little better and know that they are going to make amazing parents to this child, whoever he may be (and I am really looking forward to those play dates that she doesn't really even know about yet....)

{Please click on the tab at the top to learn more about the Menn Family and their road to adoption!!}


Meet the Baker Family...

Aaron, Maren, Faith and Ava Hope
A few short days after I heard about the Menns, some of our closest and most precious friends began their journey to adoption as well. We have known Aaron and Maren Baker for several years now and have been fortunate enough to watch their little family grow and are so in love with every single member of it. The Bakers felt God calling them to adopt a little one from Columbia and have just begun the process. They are some of the most genuine and loving people I know and it has been such an honor to see them step out in obedience to God's call on their lives. I'm pretty sure we would sell a car to help them get their third child, but since we kind of need our cars, we are so happy to be able to give them a One Less scholarship.

{Please click on the tab at the top to learn more about the Baker Family and their story.} 



Please help these families bring home the children God has chosen for them. 
You can help by registering to run this race or by becoming a sponsor. 

I really don't think the idea of a global Boerne should be kept a secret in my crazy head any longer. Help us take one step closer to it by bringing these children home from Ethiopia and Columbia!! 
Be a part of One Less 2012!!

No comments:

Post a Comment